The Medium Thomas’s Office is a key location Marianne has to explore once she enters Niwa Hotel, and this office comes with a puzzle we will call the Clock Puzzle.
By solving it, you’ll be able to find Thomas’s Hidden Room, where another puzzle awaits. It’s quite similar to Jack’s Darkroom Photo Paper Puzzle, but it features more elements.
Before we talk about the Hidden Room, though, first you’ll need to find it, and this happens only if you complete The Medium Thomas’s Office Clock Puzzle.
And that’s what we’ll cover in the video game guide below.
How To Investigate Thomas’s Office
The moment you enter Thomas’s Office, there are several items you may want to focus on if you wish to learn more about the story in the video game developed by Bloober Team.
As such, here is what you should find first.
- Check the Hotel Niwa Plan on the wall behind the desk. Focus on the lower-left corner to spot Thomas Rekowicz’s signature
- Now turn around and investigate the desk. Start with the phone on the left side
- Also, on the desk but on the right side, there is some salt
- In the right-side drawer, you’ll find the To-Do List memo (collectible)
- On the ground, in the drawer, you’ll find a Flashlight.
- When you pick up the Flashlight, you’ll find a Small Key in the same drawer. Make sure you don’t miss it because it’s the most important object
- Finally, there is a picture on the bookshelf in the corner of the room. Nothing important here for now, but remember its location
Great, so these are the items you need to find. Now, let’s focus on the puzzle.
How To Solve Thomas’s Office Clock Puzzle
As you can probably guess, this puzzle is focused on the clock in Thomas’s Office. Basically, by setting the clock at specific hours, you’ll be able to discover specific events in the spirit world. You’ll see them on the right side of the screen.
The first thing you’ll want to do here is to interact with the clock and use the Small Key you found to open it.
At this point, you’ll see the clock that looks like the one in my screenshot.
If you want to figure out how to solve this puzzle on your own, the hints (hours) are mentioned in Thomas’s To-Do List. If not, simply follow these steps:
- Move the clock hands to 4 o’clock, and notice that in the spirit world, a spirit well appears on the desk. Get close to it, and absorb the energy
- Now, move the clock hands to 5 o’clock, and you’ll see a hidden entrance in the corner of the room. Also, in the spirit world
- Step away from the clock, and use the “out of body” ability to control Marianne in the spirit world
- Head inside the hidden room, and unleash the energy on the switch on the wall. You can see it below
Once you do this, you’ll see some sparks on the wires above you.
Now, The Medium Clock Puzzle ends, but there is one last thing you’ll have to do. And this is the trickiest part, as the game offers no hints or tips.
How To Find Thomas’s Hidden Room
In order to continue Marianne’s story or move forward, you’ll need to find Thomas’s Hidden Room, and this room requires you to solve the puzzle above first.
Once you do that, you’ll have to find a switch, so the real world Marianne can access the same room as the one in the spirit world.
Assuming you finished the said puzzle while in the real world, head back to the library in the corner of the office.
Now, use the Insight ability (press Ctrl on PC) and look at the picture you see in my screenshot below. Notice the switch?
Interact with it (aka press the green button), and you’re in.
Now both versions of Marianne can advance, but in the next area, you’ll have to solve Thomas’s Office Hidden Room Puzzle.