Abyssal Harpoon is a spear you can craft in Valheim, the video game developed by Iron Gate, and a helpful tool you can use for relocation. The Valheim Abyssal Harpoon, however, is, as you can guess, a bit trickier to get; therefore, in this guide, we will talk about this specific spear, how to craft it, and how to get it instantly.
The Abyssal Harpoon, or “The ocean’s wrath” as described in the game, is similar to the Abyssal Razor when it comes to unlocking because it uses the same crafting materials. So, let’s see how you can get this impressive Valheim Weapon.
How To Unlock the Abyssal Harpoon in Valheim
Again, the first thing you’ll need to do to unlock the Valheim Harpoon is to build a watercraft. Preferably not a simple Raft because it’s pretty slow, and you’ll have to do a lot of sailing. Thus, try to get a Karve or a Longship. Now, explore the Ocean Biome, searching for Leviathans or the large creatures pictured below.
These creatures have Abyssal Barnacles on their backs, and you’ll have to mine them to get Chitin. Although you can use any Pickaxe to mine a Barnacle, the idea here is to use the best one as you’ll get more Chitin. And you’ll need a lot.
The Abyssal Harpoon unlocks the moment you mine your first Chitin; however, try not to forget what happens when you approach the majestic creatures known as Leviathans:
- A Valheim Leviathan is a living creature, so mining on its back will disturb it
- When this happens, the Leviathan sinks, and you’ll have to swim back to your boat; hence, keep your watercraft close
- Finally, when you mine a Barnacle, you have a 10% chance of waking up the Leviathan
Good, so now that you have unlocked the recipe for this unique harpoon, it’s time to return to the Workbench.
Crafting Materials Locations
At your Workbench, you’ll first have to upgrade it to level 2 by building a Chopping Block, Tanning Rack, Adze, or Tool Shelf next to it.
Obviously, you’ll also need the following materials to get your Abyssal Harpoon:
- 8 Fine Wood – Comes from Birch and Oak trees in the Meadows or Plains Biomes, but you’ll need a Bronze Axe
- 30 Chitin – As explained above, you get this material by mining Abyssal Barnacles on Leviathans
- 3 Letter Scraps – Obtained by killing Boars from Muddy Scrap Piles or random chests in the Meadows
With all these materials in your inventory, you are ready to craft the Abyssal Harpoon in Valheim.
What Is the Abyssal Harpoon Spawn ID
Assuming you want this awesome spear without looking for all the materials listed above, you can use a very accessible Valheim Cheat or Console Command that spawns this item on the ground.
Here is what you need to do:
- Press F5 to bring up the game’s console
- Next, type imacheater to activate the Valheim Cheat Mode
- Now, type spawn SpearChitin, and you’ll see the spear falling from the sky
Don’t forget, though, that although a spear, this harpoon is also a tool that allows you to leash enemies and animals. Thus you’ll be able to relocate them to other areas. For example, you can drag a boar into a pen or a Sea Serpent to land; thus, you’ll be able to get Serpent Scales, which usually sink when you kill the Serpent. And that’s it, Viking. Now you know how to get the Abyssal Harpoon in Valheim, so why not get an Ancient Bark Spear next?