Abyssal Razor is a knife you can craft in Valheim, the video game developed by Iron Gate, and a very powerful weapon that has the second-highest base damage, being outranked only by the Blackmetal Knife.
The Valheim Abyssal Razor, however, is not so easy to get; therefore, below, we will talk about this specific weapon, how to craft it, and even how to get it instantly.
The Abyssal Razor’s in-game description offers a few details regarding this Valheim Weapon: “A knife from the deep”; so what we can understand from it is that you’ll need to explore the Ocean Biome to unlock it.
How To Unlock The Abyssal Razor In Valheim
The first thing you’ll need to do in order to unlock the Valheim Abyssal Razor Knife is to build a watercraft. The bigger, the better, because a simple Raft is not enough since it’s quite slow.
So get a Karve, or a Longship, instead.
Next, you’ll want to start exploring the Ocean Biome, looking for Leviathans.
If you don’t know what a Leviathan is, well, these are really large creatures that look like this.
Once you find one, you’ll need to stop your boat and move on the creature’s back and start mining Abyssal Barnacles.
These deposits provide Chitin which is one of the crafting materials you’ll need for the Abyssal Razor; however, before you start mining a Leviathan Abyssal Barnacle, here is what you should know.
- A Valheim Leviathan is a living creature, so mining the Abyssal Barnacles on its back will eventually disturb it
- When this happens, the Leviathan sinks, and you’ll have to swim back to your boat
- Whenever you mine a Barnacle, you have a 10% chance of waking up the Leviathan
- Finally, you can use any Pickaxe to mine a Barnacle, but better pickaxes provide more Chitin
The moment you get your first Chitin, the recipes for both Abyssal Razor and the Abyssal Harpoon become available for crafting.
So now it’s time to return to the Workbench.
Abyssal Razor Crafting Materials
At the Workbench, the first thing you’ll have to do is to upgrade it to level 2.
You can do this simply by building a Chopping Block, Tanning Rack, Adze, or Tool Shelf next to it.
Now, you’ll need the following materials to get your Abyssal Razor:
- 4 Fine Wood – Obtained by chopping Birch and Oak trees in the Meadows or Plains Biomes, using a Bronze Axe
- 20 Chitin – Obtained as explained above from the Abyssal Barnacles on Leviathans
- 2 Letter Scraps – Obtained by killing Boars, by mining Muddy Scrap Piles, or from random chests in the Meadows
Once you have all these, you’ll be ready to craft the Abyssal Razor in Valheim.
How To Instantly Get The Abyssal Razor
If by any chance, you want to get this awesome knife without the legwork, you can use a very accessible Valheim Cheat or Console Command that basically spawns this item in front of you.
Here is what you need to do:
- Press F5 to bring up the game’s console
- Next, type imacheater to activate the Valheim Cheat Mode
- Now, type spawn KnifeChitin, and you’ll see the weapon on the ground
Don’t forget, though, that in order to see the true potential of this knife, you may want to upgrade it, and you can do this 4 times.
And that’s it, Viking. Now you know how to get the Abyssal Razor in Valheim!