Ancient Bark Spear is an advanced Valheim one-handed weapon you can craft while playing the video game developed by Iron Gate.
The Valheim Ancient Bark Spear is clearly more powerful than the Abysall Harpoon, as its main purpose is to deal damage, while the latter also acts as a relocation tool.
Therefore, getting at least one Bark Spear in Valheim should be one of your goals; hence, below, I’ll tell you guys how to unlock it, where to find all materials required for this weapon, how to craft it, and obviously how to spawn this weapon in case you don’t want to do the legwork.
How To Unlock The Ancient Bark Spear In Valheim
In Valheim, the Ancient Bark Spear is described as a strong and perfectly balanced weapon, despite its gnarled look.
You can see the said spear in the image below.
To unlock it, however, first, you’ll need to find a series of Crafting Materials.
Or, simply put, you’ll need to get a Troll Hide, an Iron Bar, and an Ancient Bark.
Keep in mind that these are required only for unlocking the Valheim Ancient Bark Spear recipe, not to craft it.
On top of this, you’ll also need a level three Forge.
Bark Spear Crafting Materials Locations
Once you unlock the recipe, you’ll need to keep collecting the Crafting Materials required for it.
Here are the exact amounts you’ll need for this weapon and how to get them.
- 4 Troll Hides – These are obtained by killing, well, Trolls in the Black Forest Biome
- 10 Ancient Bark- As explained in my Ancient Bark guide, you’ll get this material by chopping down Ancient Trees in the Swamp Biome or by exploring the Sunken Crypts
- 10 Iron Bars – This type of metal is obtained at a Smelter from Scrap Iron. Keep in mind that you’ll also need Coal, and the Scrap Iron comes from the Muddy Scrap Piles (also in the Sunken Crypts)
With all these materials in your inventory, next, you’ll need to upgrade your Forge to level three.
To achieve this, build any three of the following improvements next to an existing Forge.
- Forge Cooler
- Smith’s Anvil
- Forge Toolrack
- Forge Bellows
- Grinding Wheel
Finally, approach the Forge and craft your first Bark Spear while all the required materials are in your backpack.
What Is The Ancient Bark Spear Spawn Id
Assuming you want to get this awesome spear without looking for all materials listed above, you can use the Valheim Ancient Bark Spear Spawn Id to make this weapon appear on the ground. Instantly. Anywhere.
Here is what you need to do:
- Press F5 to bring up the game’s console
- Next, type imacheater to activate the Valheim Cheat Mode
- Now, type spawn SpearElderbark, and you’ll see the spear falling from the sky
And that’s it Viking. Now you know everything about the Ancient Bark Spear in Valheim, so let’s get an amazing Banded Shield to match it.