The Valheim Banded Shield is the upgraded version of the Bronze Buckler, and it’s safe to say that it’s also the predecessor of the Silver Shield.
As such, this is a tier 3 shield you may want to craft; so below I’ll tell you how to unlock it, how to get all Crafting Materials for it, and obviously its Spawn Id in case you want to get it without doing all the crafting work.
So, let’s start by unlocking it in the game.
How To Unlock The Banded Shield In Valheim
In Valheim, the Banded Shield is described as a shield “banded with hoops of iron”, and a “true warrior’s companion”.
You can see the said shield in my screenshot below.
To unlock it; however, first, you’ll need to find a series of Crafting Materials.
Or to keep it simple; you have to craft your first Iron Bar and chop your first Fine Wood.
It’s worth knowing that these are required only for unlocking the Valheim Banded Shield recipe, not to craft it.
Additionally, you’ll need a level two Forge.
Valheim Banded Shield Crafting Materials Locations
After you unlock the recipe you’ll need to keep collecting the Crafting Materials required for this specific shield.
Below you can see the exact amounts you’ll need and how to get them.
- 10 Fine Wood – You can get Fine Wood by chopping Birch and Oak trees in the Meadows or Plains Biomes. To do so, first, you’ll have to get a Bronze Axe which is unlocked the moment you produce your first Bronze Bar at a Smelter. Obviously, as you probably know, to craft Bronze Bars in Valheim you have to get Copper, Tin and a lot of Coal
- 8 Iron Bars – This metal is also obtained at a Smelter from Scrap Iron, which is found in Muddy Scrap Piles. The said piles are found in the Sunken Crypts scattered in the Swamp Biome, and to get inside you’ll need the Swamp Key
With all these materials in your inventory, next, you’ll need to upgrade your Forge to level two.
To accomplish this, build any two of the following improvements next to an existing Forge.
- Forge Cooler
- Smith’s Anvil
- Forge Toolrack
- Forge Bellows
- Grinding Wheel
How To Choose Your Banded Shield Styles
Ultimately, get close to the Forge and craft your shield; however, keep in mind you can also customize it by choosing its style before pressing the Craft button.
You can see all Valheim Banded Shield Styles or customization options below, or by pressing the Styles button below the shield’s name in the Crafting window.
What Is The Banded Shield Spawn Id
If by any chance you want to get this shield without gathering all materials listed above, you can use the Valheim Banded Shield Spawn Id to make it appear on the ground, next to you.
Here are the steps you’ll have to follow:
- Press F5 to bring up the game’s console
- Next, type imacheater to activate the Valheim Cheat Mode
- Now, type spawn ShieldBanded and you’ll see the shield falling from the sky
And that’s it Viking. Now you know everything about the Banded Shield in Valheim, but if you want the best round shield, make sure you get the Black Metal Shield.