Barley Flour is a Valheim Resource and Crafting Material used in cooking delicious recipes to fill your Viking’s belly in the video game developed by Iron Gate.
The Valheim Barley Flour is obtained by processing Barely, and since we already discussed how to get a lot of Barley, now it’s time to talk about how to use it to get flour.
And top of that, I will tell you how to use the Barley Flour in Valheim, this material’s Spawn Id, and even how to get it without having to do any farming.
Valheim Barely Flour Location
Although sometimes you may find it in random chests, if you wish to get large amounts, you’ll need to consider starting your own Barley Farm.
Without going into details since I already fully covered this topic, it’s worth mentioning that:
- Barely can be found only in the Plains Biome
- You can teleport it if you wish
- Barley grows only in the Plains Biome, so that’s where your farm must be placed
- You’ll need a Cultivator to plant it
- It takes between 2.22 and 2.78 in-game days for a plant to fully grow
So, if you want to know the exact location for Barley Flour in Valheim, then the answer is your farm.
How To Get Barley Flour
Processing Barley into Flour is quite easy; however, the problem here is that you’ll need a Windmill, and this building is a bit trickier, mainly because it’s an advanced structure.
To make things easier to follow; here is how to unlock and build the Windmill:
- Get 10 Wood by chopping regular trees or from branches
- Get 2 Dragon Tears by killing Moder in the Mountain Biome
- Now build an Artisan Table to unlock the Windmill
- Next, get 30 Wood and 20 Stones. Both of them are common materials
- Head to the Swamp Biome and get Scrap Iron by mining Muddy Scrap Piles in the Sunken Crypts. You’ll need the Swamp Key dropped by The Elder Boss to enter the said crypts
- Return to your settlement and use the Scrap Iron at a Smelter to get Iron Bars
- Now use the Iron Bars at a Forge to get 30 Iron Nails
Using Wood, Stones, and Nails, build the Windmill, which looks like the one below.
While standing in front of the Windmill, place your Barley in the small opening, then go around it to get your flour.
Barley Flour Recipes
Now that you have your first units of flour, here is how you can use it. Or all Barley Flour recipes in Valheim:
- Blood Pudding – You can cook this one in the Cauldron using 2 Thistle, 2 Bloodbags, and 4 Flour
- Bread – Also obtained at the Cauldron, using only 10 units of flour
- Fish Wraps – This recipe requires 4 Flour and 2 Cooked Fish, which means that you’ll need to learn how to fish. This activity is unlocked once you buy the fishing pole from Haldor
- Lox Meat Pie – To cook this one, you’ll need 4 Flour, 2 Cloudberries, and 2 Cooked Lox Meat
And that’s all you can cook with this ingredient for the time being.
Barley Flour Spawn Id Farming Cheat
If you wish to farm Barley Flour in Valheim, you’ll obviously need to know this ingredient’s Spawn Id, which happens to be BarleyFlour.
This Id allows you to spawn an unlimited number of stacks in the video game.
To use it, here is what you need to do:
- Press F5 to bring up the game’s console
- Next, type imacheater to activate the Valheim Cheat Mode
- Finally, type spawn BarleyFlour X, where X represents the number of units you wish to get. For example, spawn BarleyFlour 50 spawns 50 Barley Flour units
And that’s it, friends. Now you know where to find Barley Flour in Valheim, how to farm it, and also how to properly use it for all your cooking needs.