Blackmetal Axe or Black Metal Axe is an advanced Valheim axe, a weapon, and a tool; you can craft in the video game developed by Iron Gate.
The Valheim Blackmetal Axe is also the fifth woodcutting tool available right now, following the Stone Axe, Flint Axe, Bronze Axe, and Iron Axe.
As such, it’s safe to say that the Black Metal Axe in Valheim is the best axe you can get; however, there are several things you have to be aware of and a lot of legwork to do.
Fear not, though, friends, because throughout the crafting guide below, I will tell you how to unlock it, where to find all materials required for this amazing axe, how to craft it, and as usual, how to make it spawn instantly in case you don’t mind cheating.
How To Unlock The Blackmetal Axe In Valheim
“A perfectly-balanced axe forged from dark metal with an emerald sheen” as it is described in Valheim; the Black Metal Axe is, as you can see below; a one-of-a-kind weapon you can easily pair with a Black Metal Shield and even a Black Metal Tower Shield if you don’t mind moving slower.
On top of this, it is a woodcutting tool that can help you chop down all kinds of trees. A top-of-the-line tool if you wish.
To unlock this axe or to be able to craft it, though, first, you’ll need to find a series of Crafting Materials.
Or, to keep it simple, you’ll need to chop 1 Fine Wood, smelt 1 Black Metal Bar, and craft 1 Linen Thread.
These materials are the same as those used to craft the Blackmetal Atgeir, but remember that they are required only for unlocking the Valheim Blackmetal Axe recipe, not to actually craft it.
Finally, you’ll also need a level four Forge.
Black Metal Axe Crafting Materials Locations
The moment you unlock the recipe, your goal is to keep collecting the same materials until you reach the required amounts listed below; so let’s see how you can get them:
- 6 Fine Wood – Comes from Birch and Oak trees in the Meadows and Plains Biomes. A Bronze Axe or anything above it is required to cut them down
- 20 Black Metal – Obtainable at a Blast Furnace by smelting Black Metal Scraps dropped by Fulings in the Plains Biome. Obviously, you also need Coal; and to unlock the Blast Furnace, you’ll have to build an Artisan Table. To be able to do this, you have to defeat Moder and get the Dragon Tears
- 5 Linen Thread – Simply process Flax at the Spinning Wheel. The wheel is also unlocked once you build the Artisan Table; while Flax is obtained via farming or from the fields around Fuling Villages
The moment you have all these materials in your inventory, focus on upgrading your Forge to level four by building any four of the following improvements:
- Forge Cooler
- Smith’s Anvil
- Forge Toolrack
- Forge Bellows
- Grinding Wheel
Now, approach the Forge and craft your Blackmetal Axe, just as you see in my screenshot.
What Is The Blackmetal Axe Spawn Id
Last but not least, assuming you want to get this tool the moment you start the game; you can use the Valheim Black Metal Axe Spawn Id:
- Press F5 to bring up the game’s console
- Next, type imacheater to activate the Valheim Cheat Mode
- Now, type spawn AxeBlackMetal, and you’ll see the axe falling from the sky
And that’s it, Viking. Now you know everything about the Blackmetal Axe in Valheim.