The Valheim Blackmetal Knife is also the fourth dagger available right now, following the Flint Knife, Copper Knife, and Abyssal Razor.
Because of its base damage, the Black Metal Knife in Valheim is the best dagger you can get in Early Access; and even though a lot of players claim that the Abysall Razor is better than the Blackmetal Knife; the latter is superior while the first one has better critical damage.
As such if you’re looking for the best knife is Valheim, the Blackmetal Knife is the one you need, and throughout the crafting guide below, I will tell you how to unlock it, where to find all the required materials, how to craft it, and as usual how to make it spawn instantly.
How To Unlock The Blackmetal Knife In Valheim
“A darkling blade, strong and sharp” as it is described in Valheim; the Black Metal Knife is, as you can see below; a state-of-the-art dagger.
Since dual-wielding is not available in Valheim, this weapon is best paired with the Black Metal Shield, if you’re looking to maintain your attack speed.
If you wish to unlock this dagger, though; first, you’ll need to get your hands on a series of Crafting Materials such as 1 Fine Wood, 1 Black Metal Bar, and 1 Linen Thread.
Remember that these are required only for unlocking the Valheim Blackmetal Knife recipe, not to craft it and that you also need a Forge level 4.
Valheim Black Metal Knife Crafting Materials Locations
The moment you unlock the recipe; keep collecting the same materials to reach the required amounts listed below.
- 4 Fine Wood – Simply chop Birch and Oak trees in the Meadows and Plains Biomes using a Bronze Axe
- 10 Black Metal – Build a Blast Furnace and smelt Black Metal Scraps dropped by Fulings (Plains Biome). You also need Coal, and to unlock the Blast Furnace, you first need an Artisan Table; unlocked after defeating Moder and after you get the Dragon Tears
- 5 Linen Thread – Comes by processing Flax at the Spinning Wheel (also unlocked once you build the Artisan Table). Flax is obtained via farming or from the fields around Fuling Villages
Now that you know how to get all materials, upgrade your Forge to level four by building at least 4 of the following upgrades:
- Forge Cooler
- Smith’s Anvil
- Forge Toolrack
- Forge Bellows
- Grinding Wheel
Finally, get close to the Forge and craft your Blackmetal Knife, just as you see in my screenshot.
What Is The Blackmetal Knife Spawn Id
Finally, let’s assume you want to get this dagger the moment you start the game, without doing any exploration.
If that’s the case and you don’t mind using cheats, you can use the Valheim Black Metal Knife Spawn Id. Simply follow these steps:
- Press F5 to bring up the game’s console
- Next, type imacheater to activate the Valheim Cheat Mode
- Now, type spawn KnifeBlackMetal and you’ll see the dagger sitting on the ground in front of you.
And that’s it Viking. Now you know everything about the Blackmetal Knife in Valheim.