Bloodbags are Valheim Resources, and Crafting Materials dropped by Leeches in the Swamp Biome of the video game developed by Iron Gate; and although they may not look important at first sight, these items will come in handy later in the game.
That’s because these materials are used in obtaining potions and food, as well as crafting decorative items.
As such, in the guide below, I’ll tell you everything you need to know about the Bloodbags in Valheim, how to use them and how to farm them.
Valheim Bloodbags Locations
If you want to know where to find this Craftin Material in Valheim, then the answer is the Swamp; however, as you’ll see below, you can also farm them by using a simple Vlaheim Cheat or console command.
Assuming you don’t want to cheat in the game, then you’ll have to start hunting Leeches because they are the main sources of Bloodbags.
A Leech is a rather weak creature that can be found in the Swamp Biome. You can see one below.
Since you may not have a Swamp Biome nearby, obviously, you’ll most likely want to build a raft so you can explore other islands where the said biome is available.
Then just walk around the swamp and hunt down Leeches to get their Bloodbags.
It’s also worth mentioning that in a single inventory slot, you can stack up to 50 Bloodbags, and each unit weighs 0.5.
Furthermore, these materials can be teleported, although we already know that thanks to the Valheim Teleport Cheat we already discussed, you can teleport everything without having to build Portals.
So now that we know how to legitimately get these Crafting Materials, let’s see how you can farm these in Valheim.
How To Farm Bloodbags
The Valheim Bloodbags farming method is extremely easy to use, but you’ll have to use a specific cheat code.
Therefore, simply follow these steps to instantly get unlimited Bloodbags for your cooking needs:
- Press F5 to bring up the console
- Now type imacheater
- Now type spawn Bloodbag and a single Bloodbag will appear in front of you on the ground
- Alternatively, you can type spawn Bloodbag 50, and in this case, 50 Bloodbags will be awarded instantly, as you see in my screenshot below
How To Use A Bloodbag
The Bloodbags in Valheim can be used to cook 3 recipes and to craft 1 furniture item.
In no particular order, you’ll need them for the following:
- Blood Pudding – Can be crafted at the Cauldron, and it requires 2 Thistle, 2 Bloodbag, and 4 Barley Flour. It is a healing item that increases your Max Health by 90 and your Max Stamina by 50 for 2400 seconds
- Mead Base: Frost Resistance – Also obtainable from the Cauldron; this base is later used in the Fermenter to create Frost Resistance Mead. The base requires 10 Honey, 5 Thistle, 2 Bloodbag, and 1 Greydwarf Eye
- Mead Base: Medium Healing – Similar to the previous base, you’ll need a Cauldron to craft this one; and a Fermenter to process it into Medium Healing Mead. For the base alone, you’ll need 10 Honey, 4 Bloodbag, 10 Raspberries, and 1 Dandelion
- Red Banner – Finally, you can use 1 Bloodbag at the Workbench along with 2 Fine Wood and 6 Leather Scraps to get a really cool banner for your settlement
And that’s it, friends. Now you know how to use the Valheim Bloodbags, where to find them and how to farm this crafting material.
Have Something To Add? Do It Here: