If you want to cheat in Valheim, then knowing the best cheat codes is a must, and even though most players don’t enjoy cheating; since I have mentioned one of these in the guide on how to save your game, below we’ll go the extra mile and talk about all Valheim Cheats or Valheim Cheat codes you can use.
These codes will give you huge advantages while exploring the world in the video game developed by Iron Gate; and they allow you to do, well basically everything you want.
From teleporting to revealing the whole map, and everything else in between. Even becoming a God.
Not an actual Norse God obviously, but a Viking so strong that nobody will be able to kill.
As usual, before we start this guide on how to cheat in Valheim, there are several things you may want to be aware of.
How To Cheat In Valheim And Play It Safe
The first thing you’ll need to know is that the Valheim cheats listed below are actually console commands, and this means that developers know about their existence; however, even so, you don’t want to ruin the experience of other players.
As such, I don’t encourage using these cheat codes in Valheim while playing with other people, and there are two reasons for this. First, you’ll be strong enough to defeat every enemy even with your bare hands; meaning that you don’t need other players to do that.
And second, because using cheats can and will affect the experience of other players which is always a bad thing. As such, reports will soon start to pile up and this could lead to a ban.
Therefore, if you want to cheat in the video game, play it safe by creating another character and use it to play solo. You against the world. Trust me it’s fun.
That’s all you have to do and you may want to remember this the moment you start the game and you want to cheat.
How To Use Cheats In Valheim
Assuming you want to learn how to use cheats in Valheim, well, this is actually quite easy to do, because you don’t need a Valheim trainer, nor additional software. You just have to type in some cheat codes and that’s about it.
To do that, however, first, you’ll need to know how to use the console and then you need to know how to activate the Cheat Mode in Valheim.
Let’s start with the first one. Keep in mind that all Valheim console commands below are case sensitive meaning that you’ll type them in exactly as they appear in this guide.
The very first thing you’ll want to do is to bring up the console. This is done with the push of a button. Or key. And that key is F5.
Press F5 and you’ll see the console on your screen. To exit the console you’ll need to press Esc.
Good, so now that the console is up, it’s time to activate the Valheim Cheat Mode.
Simply type imacheater and then press Enter. On your screen, you should see the following message: Cheats: True. Just as you see it below.
Now, you need to know two things.
- First, the command above is not an actual cheat code. It simply activates those listed below, but it is mandatory
- Second, you’ll need to type this whenever you load the game. So if you take a break, logout, and then return to the game, you’ll have to type imacheater again.
Pretty easy right? Good, so now let’s go over some of the best Valehim cheats. I tested most of them, and honestly, some are useless.
I’ll still list them at the bottom of the guide in case you want to try them as well.
Best Valheim Cheats
As said, after you activate the Cheat Mode in Valheim, you may want to try various commands, but I suggest using the following order.
Valheim God Mode Invulnerability Cheat Code
To become a God, you just have to ask. So, type god and you’ll see another message: God Mode: True.
Basically, by using this cheat, your Viking won’t take any damage. Even if you fight a boss such as Eikthyr without any weapon and in your underwear he won’t be able to kill you.
It will take time because your damage will be insignificant but you can still beat him.
Keep in mind though that the Valheim God Mode cheat resets if you log out (as in you’ll have to activate it again). Finally, you can see it off by typing god again.
Valheim Max Skills Cheats
The next cheat you may want to try is the one that basically increases certain skills. Here things are a bit different but I’ll tell you how it works.
The command is raiseskill followed by [skill] and [amount], where skill, is the name of the skill you want to max out, and [amount] is a number you’ll need to type. This number signifies the amount of skill points you want to add to a current skill.
So let’s say you want to increase your unarmed skill by 20. In this case, you’ll type raiseskill unarmed 20. Just as I did below.
This command will help you get an additional 20 points to your current unarmed skill. Just so you know the cap for a skill in Valheim is 100, so when you reach that amount you won’t be able to increase it further.
Why is this command so awesome? Because by using it you can max out your stamina, your damage with all weapons, your jumping, swimming, blocking, you name it. Assuming you want to max out your stamina in Valheim the moment you start the game, type raiseskill stamina 100 and you’re done.
Now, before we move to the next cheat, three things worth mentioning here:
- This cheat code stacks, and by that I mean that you don’t have to max out your skills once you return to the game
- Assuming you want to reset skills type resetskill [skill]. You don’t need to use a number here because this command resets the skill you want. Meaning that you’ll bring it to 0. If for example, you use resetskill swords, your Viking’s swords skill is set to 0
- You can see all skills you have unlocked by pressing Tab and then by navigating to the Skills tab
Valheim Reveal Map Cheat
The next command that I am sure you’ll love allows you to fully reveal the map.
It is extremely easy to use and it’ll basically show you the world map. Just type exploremap and the whole world will be revealed. The fog of war is also removed this way.
Just like the previous cheat, you don’t have to activate it every time you return to the game; but you can use resetmap and all areas you explored will disappear.
Here is how your map should look like after using the Valheim map cheat.
Valheim Save Game Cheat
The next cheat is also very useful, because you may remember that we discussed how to save your game and we all know that the option is missing and you’ll need to logout if you want to do this, let’s say legally.
Well if you type save, you’ll no longer have to worry about that save button because this cheat forces the game to save your progress.
These are the cheats that I consider most useful; however, there are a lot more, and I listed them below. Try them and see how they work.
All Valheim Cheat Codes
Keep in mind that you need to type these exactly as you see them, but you are free to change the variables if they exist.
- pos – use this to print the coordinates of your current location. Very useful when teleporting because you can teleport even metal items
- goto [x,z] – this cheat allows you to go anywhere. X and Z are the coordinates and you can find them using the pos cheat above. Example goto 125,160
- killall – use this if you want to kill all nearby enemies. Not all enemies on the map. Just those that are near you
- tame – want to tame an animal? Try this one but do know that it works only with specific animals
- hair – this cheat makes your Viking bald
- beard – while this one removes his facial hair (if any)
- location – using this command will help you set a new spawn location
- freefly – toggles on/off the free-fly drone camera view
- ffsmooth [0-1] – sets the smoothing of the free-fly camera (0 = no smoothing, 1 = full smoothing)
- tod [0-1] or tod -1 – Sets the time of day. 0 and 1 are both midnights. 0.5 is noon. -1 resets the time of day
- env [env] – sets debug environment
- resetenv – resets the debug environment
- wind [angle] [intensity] – sets the wind to the specified angle (0 is north) and a specified intensity from 0 to 1. Try: wind 90 1
- resetwind – resets the wind to default
- event [name] – this Valheim cheat starts a specified event. Are you ready to be hunted? Try event wolves. It’s also useful if you want to farm skins
- stopevent – stops the current event
- randomevent – starts a random event
- resetcharacter – resets your character’s skills and inventory
- removedrops – removes all item drops nearby
- setkey [name] – sets new global key
- resetkeys [name] – resets the specified key
- listkeys – lists all global keys
- players [nr] – sets the difficulty scaling based on the number of players. 1 player = no difficulty scaling. 0 resets to the actual number of players. Try players 100
- dpsdebug – toggles damage-per-second debug overlay on/off
And that’s it! These are all Valheim cheats and cheat codes, available in Early Access, and most likely in the final game as well.
Valheim Rubies Locations: How To Get & Use
Therefore, the Valheim Ruby has a specific purpose, so below I’ll tell you where to find these valuables, how to use them, and even how you can get unlimited Rubies.
How To Use The Valheim Ruby
Because it’s not a Crafting Material, a Ruby in Valheim is used only for trading, but to achieve this, first, you’ll have to find Haldor.
The friendly trader you see below spawns in random locations; however, there are two ways to find him faster.
The legit way is to start looking for him along with your friends, and in this case, you’ll want to start with the Black Forest Biomes.
That’s because he seems to spawn quite often in the Black Forest.
Alternatively, if you play the game alone you can use the spawn Haldor console command.
You can also use it in multiplayer if your party agrees, and Haldor will spawn in front of you. Yes, even inside your settlement.
Now that you know how to find Haldor, simply place your Rubies in the inventory and use the sell button when you talk to him.
For each Valheim Ruby you trade, you’ll receive 20 Coins.
Where To Find Rubies In Valheim
Valheim Rubies like all other Valuables in the video game can be found in random chests outside or while exploring dungeons.
As such, you want to focus on the following Biomes:
- Black Forest Biome – Look for Burial Chambers that can be accessed without a key
- Swamp Biome- Check the Sunken Crypts that can be unlocked using the Swamp Key. The said key is dropped by the third boss known as Bonemass
- Meadows Biome – Investigate the Stone Graves and Viking Graveyards
As you can see there are plenty of locations to get Rubies in Valheim, but there is also an easier way to get as many as you want.
Valheim Infinite Rubies Cheat
Assuming you need Rubies instantly, you can opt to use a console command or a cheat.
To do so, simply follow these steps:
- Press F5 to bring up the game’s console
- Next, type imacheater to activate the Valheim Cheat Mode
- Finally, type spawn Ruby X where X represents the number of Rubies you wish to get. For example, spawn Ruby 50 awards you 50 Rubies as you can see in the first image above
Again, this farming method is a variation for the Infinite Money Cheat and has the same outcome.
Basically, you won’t use the direct money cheat, but a cheat to get Rubies, that are turned into Coins.
And that’s it, friends. Now you know where to find Rubies in Valheim and how to use them.
Valheim Amber Pearls Locations: How To Get & Use
Amber Pearls are Valheim valuables that can’t be used in crafting but they can get you a lot of coins, provided you know how to use them while playing the video game developed by Iron Gate.
Similar to the Valheim Amber we already covered, the Amber Pearls have a specific purpose, so below I’ll tell you where to find them and how to farm these shiny items.
Furthermore, I’ll also tell you how to get infinite Valheim Amber Pearls, using a simple console command.
How To Use The Valheim Amber Pearl
Since it is not a Crafting Material, the Amber Pearl in Valheim can only be used for trading; however, this item requires a specific NPC we already met.
His name is Haldor and he spawns randomly on your map, meaning that he doesn’t have a fixed location.
So the first thing you’ll want to do in order to use your Amber Pearls is to find him. You can see Haldor in the screenshot below.
If you wish to find Haldor faster, you should start your search with the Black Fores Biomes, which seem to be his favorite ones.
Alternatively, you can force spawn Haldor anywhere on the map simply by using the spawn Haldor console command.
After you find him, make sure your Amber Pearls are in your inventory, then hit the sell button.
The option to sell removes all the Valuables in your inventory, including all Rubies, Ambers and Silver Necklaces.
In exchange, Haldor will give you Coins you can use to buy the items he sells.
Where To Find Amber Pearls In Valheim
The Amber Pearls can be found usually in dungeons; however, sometimes you may be able to also find them outside in random chests.
As such, if you want to get Amber Pearls faster you should focus on exploring the dungeons available in specific Biomes.
Start with the Burial Chambers and Troll Caves in the Black Forest and make sure you level up your character to defeat Bonemass.
The said boss drops the Swamp Key that allows you to unlock the Sunken Crypts Gates. Inside these dungeons, you’ll also find Amber Pearls.
You can see how these crypts look like below; however, be advised that you’ll have to mine a lot of Muddy Scrap Piles to fully explore these dungeons.
Finally, as you advance through the game you’ll also be able to explore the Stone Graves and Viking Graveyards in the Meadows Biome.
Valheim Infinite Amber Pearls Cheat
If by any chance you need Amber Pearls instantly, you can also opt to use a console command or a cheat.
To do so, simply follow these steps:
- Press F5 to bring up the game’s console
- Next, type imacheater to activate the Valheim Cheat Mode
- Finally, type spawn AmberPearl X where X represents the number of pearls you wish to get. For example, spawn AmberPearl 50 awards you 50 Pearls as you can see in the first image above
This method is basically a variation for the Infinite Money Cheat we talked about and serves the same purpose.
Simply put instead of getting unlimited money, you’ll get infinite pearls that you can sell to get, well…infinite coins.
And that’s it, friends. Now you know where to find Amber Pearls in Valheim and how to use them.