Rubies are Valheim valuables that, just like Amber Pearls, can’t be used in crafting, but they allow you to get Coins while playing the video game developed by Iron Gate.
Therefore, the Valheim Ruby has a specific purpose, so below, I’ll tell you where to find these valuables, how to use them, and even how you can get unlimited Rubies.
How To Use The Valheim Ruby
Because it’s not a Crafting Material, a Ruby in Valheim is used only for trading, but to achieve this, first, you’ll have to find Haldor.
The friendly trader you see below spawns in random locations; however, there are two ways to find him faster.
The legit way is to start looking for him along with your friends, and in this case, you’ll want to start with the Black Forest Biomes.
That’s because he seems to spawn quite often in the Black Forest.
Alternatively, if you play the game alone, you can use the spawn Haldor console command.
You can also use it in multiplayer if your party agrees, and Haldor will spawn in front of you. Yes, even inside your settlement.
Now that you know how to find Haldor, simply place your Rubies in the inventory and use the sell button when you talk to him.
For each Valheim Ruby you trade, you’ll receive 20 Coins.
Where To Find Rubies
Valheim Rubies, like all other Valuables in the video game, can be found in random chests outside or while exploring dungeons.
As such, you want to focus on the following Biomes:
- Black Forest Biome – Look for Burial Chambers that can be accessed without a key
- Swamp Biome- Check the Sunken Crypts that can be unlocked using the Swamp Key. The said key is dropped by the third boss known as Bonemass
- Meadows Biome – Investigate the Stone Graves and Viking Graveyards
As you can see, there are plenty of locations to get Rubies in Valheim, but there is also an easier way to get as many as you want.
Infinite Rubies Cheat
Assuming you need Rubies instantly, you can opt to use a console command or a cheat.
To do so, simply follow these steps:
- Press F5 to bring up the game’s console
- Next, type imacheater to activate the Valheim Cheat Mode
- Finally, type spawn Ruby X where X represents the number of Rubies you wish to get. For example, spawn Ruby 50 awards you 50 Rubies, as you can see in the first image above
Again, this farming method is a variation of the Infinite Money Cheat and has the same outcome.
Basically, you won’t use the direct money cheat but a cheat to get Rubies that are turned into Coins.
And that’s it, friends. Now you know where to find Rubies in Valheim and how to use them.