Valheim Trading is a feature you’ll have to know about the moment you start your adventure in the video game developed by Iron Gate, otherwise, you’ll start gathering a lot of Valuables and also miss some unique items that can help you grow your settlement faster.
Trading in Valheim; however, is not something that can be accomplished without some legwork, and as you’ll soon discover; is a hidden feature.
Fear not though, because, in the following Valehim Trading Guide, I’ll tell you everything you need to know including how to sell Valuables, how to buy some amazing stuff, and obviously how to become really rich by farming.
So, let’s start from the beginning by understanding the trading system.
How To Trade In Valheim
The whole idea revolves around a specific NPC named Haldor who is your in-game trader.
The problem here is that Haldor spawns randomly, meaning that you can’t visit him whenever you want. You’ll need to find Haldor in order to trade your Valheim Valuables.
Because of this, you’ll have to carry these items all the time, making your life as an explorer a real pain.
Obviously, because Haldor’s location is different for everyone, the answer to the question “Where To Find Haldor?” remains unknown.
It’s worth mentioning though that Haldor seems to prefer the Black Forest Biome. And that’s about it for now.
So, to trade in Valheim you need to first locate the friendly NPC in my image below.
Assuming you are fortunate enough to find him fast, you’ll be able to trade specific items, known as Valuables.
What Valheim Valuables You Can Trade
The list below includes all the Valheim Tradable Items, or Valuables if you like.
Again, it’s worth knowing that all of these can be farmed and they have different prices (also listed).
Therefore, since let’s say you can get infinite Amber, you can imagine that you’ll be able to get infinite Coins to buy everything Haldor has to sell; although there is a faster way to get infinite money.
If you want to know how to farm these, just follow their dedicated guides.
- Amber – Haldor will give you 5 Coins for 1 Amber and 100 per stack
- Amber Pearl – You can trade 1 unit for 10 Coins and 1 stack for 500 Coins
- Ruby – A single unit costs 20 Coins, and a stack 400
- Silver Necklace – The most expensive item Haldor is willing to buy. 1 Silver Necklace can be sold for 30 Coins and a stack for 600
Now as you can see, the list of items Haldor accepts is quite small, but nevertheless important because these Valuables allow you to get Coins.
Valheim Uniques Items You Can Buy From Haldor
Assuming you have enough Coins to spend, when you find Haldor you’ll be able to buy some really cool items for your Viking, and below you can see all of them:
- Yule Hat – This cosmetic headpiece costs 100 Coins and it uses the helmet slot. If you buy it, you’ll look like Santa Claus
- Dverger Circlet – This is another useful item that uses the helmet slot. It costs 620 Coins and acts as a flashlight providing constant light in front of you
- Megingjord – One of the best items in the video game, this accessory increases your carry weight limit by 150. It is also the most expensive so get ready to pay 950 for it
- Ymir Flesh – For 120 Coins, Haldor will sell you this rare material, required to craft the Frostner and the Iron Sledge
- Fishing Rod – This allows you to unlock fishing in Valheim and it costs 350 Coins
- Fishing Bait – Required once you get the fishing rod. You can’t fish without bait and Haldor charges 10 Coins per stack
How To Force Spawn Haldor The Valheim Trader
As you can see the list above is quite impressive and I am pretty sure you want to do some fishing in Valheim.
But Haldor’s location is still a problem and if you play the game alone it will take some time to find him.
Luckily there is a small Valheim Cheat you can use, to make him spawn whenever you want and anywhere you want. Including your settlement.
The cheat is using the same Console Command we have used to farm Bloodbags for example. Here is what you have to do in order to use it:
- Press F5 to bring up the game console
- Now type imacheater to activate Cheat Mode
- Finally, type spawn Haldor and he’ll appear right in front of you. Just as you see him in my screenshot above
Now, all you have to do is to trade your Valuables and buy all the items he has to sell.
And that’s about everything. Now you know how Valheim Trading works, how to buy and sell your Valuables, and also how to spawn Haldor.