The Quarry Chapter 5, named White Noise, is shorter than the previous one we already explained but features some essential choices, which we’ll explain in the following walkthrough.
As you remember, during your first playthrough, your main objective is to save all teenagers and find as many collectibles as possible.
Now that you know where to find the Tarot Cards, Clues, and Evidence in Chapter 5, it’s time to approach the main goal and make the best choices to save all characters.
So, throughout the following The Quarry Chapter 5 walkthrough, we’ll go over these dialogue choices while also outlining the outcomes and the decisions you can make during the subsequent playthroughs, which require you to kill all or only specific characters.
So let’s see what happens in Chapter 5 of the video game developed by Supermassive Games.
The Quarry Walkthrough – Chapter 5 Choices & Decisions
The Quarry Chapter 5 starts inside Hackett’s Quarry Lodge, where Nick is chatting with Abigail. Since he is wounded, Abi tries to make him as comfortable as possible, but Nick is infected, and he starts to change.
The discussion is relatively relaxed, so pick the following choices:
- Grateful – I am okay
- When asked to Speak Up (the group hears some noises), Fail the QTE, and don’t press anything
- When Kaitlyn says she’s going to investigate, play safe and choose Reassuring – We’ll be fine, just be careful
Hackett’s Quarry Lodge Kaitlyn Choices
After the first section, Kaitlyn walks outside Nick’s room to investigate the noise, and here you’ll want to be very careful. The best choices are listed below, and during the first playthrough, you’ll want to go with them:
- While sneaking around, Complete the first thumbstick QTE: Right
- After Kaitlyn hears the discussion behind the door, Fail the next QTE: Left. This is mandatory for the following events because you’ll want the strange hunter to find Kaitlyn
- While on the stairs, Fail the next QTE: Left. If you do this, the hunter throws a jar of blood at Kaitlyn, and as you may remember, he is trying to protect the teenagers. This action may save Kaitlyn’s life later
- Finally, when the hunter picks up the table, make sure you shoot him. While this may seem confusing, the hunter won’t’ die, and he’ll drop one of the trickiest collectibles in the game. You won’t be able to collect it right away, but you’ll be able to get it in Chapter 10 as explained here. So, don’t miss this part.
Nick And Abigail’s Dialogue Choices
For the next part of our The Quarry Chapter 5 walkthrough, we get back to Nick and Abigail. Here the dialogue choices are pretty straightforward:
- Confident – Don’t worry about Kaitlyn
- Intrigued – I thought things would go further
- Complete Hold Breath event
If you follow these choices and made the correct choices in Chapter 1 (as outlined here), Abi drops her bag with the teddy bear in the kitchen. Later in the game, in Chapter 10, Kaitlyn can use the toy to capture the monster; thus, you’ll unlock The Final Girl trophy/achievement.
Immediately after the three teenagers escape the building, the action moves to Dylan and Ryan. There won’t be any dialogue choices during the first part, but there are five collectibles you’ll need to find.
At this point, you’ll want to make sure you switch to our Quarry Chapter 5 collectibles locations guide here and get all of them.
After the last one, head to the cabin (choose Confident – All good) with the radio stations and prepare for some quick events.
Hackett’s Quarry Camp Radio Hut Ryan Choices
While playing as Ryan, Dylan tries to use the radio to call for help. Pick the following dialogue choices:
- Interested – How do you know this stuff?
- Concerned – That’s totally us
- Apologetic – I wasn’t sure
Now, Ryan and Dylan are trapped inside the hut, and the monster is on the roof. Make sure you DON’T Fire, then continue with the following choices:
- Aggressive – We gotta kill it
- Confident – Why wouldn’t it be?
- Calm – Take a breath
- Desperate – Okay. Just hang on
Chainsaw Or Shotgun Choice – Just a Flesh Wound Trophy/Achievement
The last Quarry Chapter 5 choice occurs after Dylan gets bitten by the monster. Ryan must help him, and here you have two options.
You can use a Shotgun or a Chainsaw. The Chainsaw is the best choice because it’s the only way to stop the infection.
If you decide to go with the Shotgun, you won’t stop the infection, and eventually, Dylan transforms; thus, you won’t be able to kill him during the second playthrough. After you beat the game once, using Chapter Select, you can start from Chapter 9 and kill Dylan.
After cutting Dylan’s hand, the Just a Flesh Wound trophy/achievement unlocks, and the last dialogue choice is Uncertain – I don’t know.
Now The Quarry Chapter 5 ends, and you’ll get another chance to talk to the old lady about the Tarot Cards you have found before starting Chapter 6 covered here.