If you plan to travel across the expansive regions of Palworld, you have the option of using certain Pals who can carry you on their backs. These Pals are called Mounts and require specific items that can be crafted at a Pal Gear Workbench – specifically Saddles. One example of such a mount is the Eikthyrdeer.
Since the Mounts in Palworld, including the majestic stag known as Eikthyrdeer, move faster than your character, you should make a priority in crafting the Eikthyrdeer Saddle and learning how to use it to ride on the back of this beautiful Pal.
How to Mount the Eikthyrdeer in Palworld
Step 1: Unlock the Eikthyrdeer Saddle
The first step in mounting the Eikthyrdeer in Palworld is to unlock the Saddle you’ll use to ride it. This Pal Item is unlocked at level 12, so you’ll need to progress and level up. The Eikthyrdeer Saddle in Palworld is also a hidden item, meaning you won’t see it unless you catch or buy at least one Eikthyrdeer Pal.
If you wonder where to find this Pal, then check the area northwest of the starting point on your way to Rayne Syndicate’s Tower. The Eikthyrdeer are common Pals that are easy to identify due to their bright colors. Alternatively, you can buy your first Eikthyrdeer from a Pal Merchant, but make sure you have enough Gold. If you are low on Gold, consider catching the Pal.
After you catch this beautiful stag, open your Technology Menu and scroll down to level 12 to notice that the Eikthyrdeer Saddle has become available. To unlock it, you need 2 Technology Points earned by leveling up.
Step 2: Gather the Materials
After you unlock the Saddle for the Eikthyrdeer, pay close attention to the materials you need to craft it:
- 5 Leather
- 20 Fiber
- 10 Ingot
- 3 Horn
- 15 Paldium Fragment
Here is how to get all of them in Palworld:
- Leather can be obtained from most Pals including other Eikthyrdeer you should continue catching. Alternatively, you can opt to capture or kill Chillet, Fenglope, Foxparks, Fuack, Fuddler, Grizzbolt, Incineram, Galeclaw, Katress, Mammorest, or Melpaca, to name just a few. Or buy it from Wandering Merchants.
- Fiber is also a common material. You can get it by chopping trees or producing it at a Crusher using Wood.
- Ingots require a bit of legwork because you’ll need to build a Primitive Furnace and mine Ore to get them.
- Paldium Fragments are common, so you likely already know how to get them by mining Paldium Deposits. Remember, though, that you can also get them from Stone at the Crusher.
- Finally, you can get Horns by catching more Eikthyrdeer or other related Pals, including Arsox, Caprity, Fenglope, Incineram, Reindrix, and Univolt.
Step 3: Craft the Eikthyrdeer Saddle
With all Crafting Materials in your inventory, head back to the Pal Gear Workbench, and while next to it, press X to Select Recipe. Choose the Eikthyrdeer Saddle from the list of recipes, then hit Start Production.
Press and hold X on your Xbox controller to speed up the process, and finally, pick up the Saddle from the Workbench.
How To Ride the Palworld Eikthyrdeer
To ride the Eikthyrdeer Mount in Palworld, make sure that you have this specific Pal in your Party. Then, all you need to do is select it by pressing the Left/Right button and press LB (on Xbox) to summon the Pal. When next to it, press and hold the Ride button (X) at the bottom of the screen to hop on its back.
It is worth noting that to keep riding this beautiful Mount, you need to have the Eikthyrdeer in your Party and the Saddle in your inventory.