The Blinded condition in Baldur’s Gate 3 can significantly hinder your character’s combat skills. When afflicted with this condition, your ranged attacks and spells suffer from a reduced range of 3 meters, and your Attack Rolls are at a Disadvantage. And to make matters worse, your enemies will have an Advantage when making Attack Rolls against you. It can be quite a challenge.
This handy guide will explore different ways to remove and prevent blindness in BG3. With these methods and resources, you can ensure your characters perform at their best in every fight.
How Do You Get Rid of Blindness in BG3
Removing the Blinded condition is essential to regain your character’s full combat potential. Fortunately, there are several effective ways to achieve this. Here are a couple of methods you can employ:
- Lesser Restoration. A useful spell for removing blindness is Lesser Restoration. This 2nd-level Abjuration spell can be cast by Bards, Clerics, Druids, Life Domain Clerics, Paladins, Rangers, and Oath of Devotion Paladins. It offers a versatile solution to cure Blinded, along with other conditions like Diseased, Poisoned, and Paralysis.
- Remedial Potion. If you’re in need of a quick fix, the Remedial Potion can come to your rescue. This consumable potion has the ability to cure Blinded, Silenced, Paralyzed, and Poisoned conditions. Simply consume the potion as a bonus action, or throw it towards one of your characters from a range of 18 meters in desperate situations.
How To Prevent Blindness in BG3
Preventing the Blinded condition altogether can save you from the hassle of having to cure it. By equipping specific items, you can shield your character from the negative effects of Blinded. Here are some preventative measures you can take:
- Eversight Ring. This uncommon ring grants the wearer immunity to the Blinded condition. With this invaluable piece of equipment, one of your characters will never be hindered by Blinded, allowing them to fight at their best.
- Shar’s Spear of Evening. Another way to prevent the Blinded condition is by using Shar’s Spear of Evening. This legendary spear allows the wielder to gain Shar’s Blessing and blindness immunity.
- Steelwatcher Helmet. Equipping the Steelwatcher Helmet allows your character to see up to 12 meters in the dark and cannot be Blinded. It also provides a handy Advantage on Constitution Saving Throws.
- Helldusk Helmet: This very rare Helmet that can be obtained from the House of Hope allows you to see in magical and ordinary darkness up to a range of 12 meters and prevents blindness. And that’s not all! It also gives you a +2 bonus to Saving throws against spells and even protects you from Critical Hits.
Make sure that your party has a diverse range of ways that can counter the Blinded condition. Having healers, support characters, and those with access to curative spells can make a significant difference in overcoming this condition.
In addition to curing the Blinded condition, be prepared to remove other debilitating status effects that can hinder your character’s performance. Spells and items that can cure Poisoned, Paralyzed, or Silenced conditions can further enhance your ability to overcome challenges in the game.