The Caged Jotun is an Assassin’s Creed Valhalla NPC you will find close to a Jotun female who is trying to free him.
The Caged Jotun’s name is Skami and you’ll have to decide his fate.
When you find the Jotun female, if you accept to help her, you’ll trigger The Puppeteer World Event.
Your objective in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla The Puppeteer quest is to free the Caged Jotun, thus helping his lover or the female outside the cage.
All you have to do is to find the key to his cage, but things are a bit trickier here.
So let’s see how you can complete this mystery.
Where To Find The Caged Jotun In AC Valhalla
Look for the Jotun female and the Caged Jotun in Jotunheim, at the location marked on my map.
As you can see the event takes place southwest of Skrymir’s Mitten, northwest of Ymir’s Altar, and northeast of Heart Of The Wood.
How To Free The Caged Jotun
In order to complete the AC Valhalla Puppeteer World Event, first, you’ll have to talk to the Jotun Female.
- When you approach the location on my map go around the small house near the pond and you’ll find the Caged Jotun and the Jotun Female
- Talk to her and she’ll tell you that a hunter caged the Jotun, or the female’s lover. She also mentions a key you must find
- Now, go around the house and while standing in the pond behind it, shoot the red locker on the door
- Next, open the door and you’ll see that basically this door is placed on a wall. Doesn’t make too much sense
- Well, once you pass through the door, on the other side you’ll be able to spot two totems like those in my image below
- Pass through them, wait for the door behind you to close, then open it again
- When you do, you’ll find a hidden room and inside the hunter mentioned by the Jotun woman
- The next step is to loot the place because there is also a chest containing one of the Ymir’s Stones you don’t want to miss
- Also, read the Letter to a Secret Lover which reveals that the hunter inside this house is the husband of the woman you just met. And that she cheated on him
- Furthermore, the letter outlines that the hunter beat the woman when he found that he was cheated
This is a classic case of domestic violence, don’t you think?
- What you want to do next is to look for the woman’s hairbrush on the table. When you pick it up, the hunter will most likely wake up and you’ll have to defeat him
- After the fight, you’ll have several choices. If you kill him, you’ll get the cage key from his dead body
- If you threaten him, he’ll give you the key
All these choices will help you end this mystery, but who is right?
- None of them. The Jotun woman cheated his husband, while the woman is a liar because she “forgot” to tell you this.
- The husband beat the woman which is not acceptable. Leaving the area without making a choice is also unacceptable because basically, you agree with both of them
- So, if you kill the hunter you’re a murderer. If you don’t, he’ll find the woman and kill her. If you don’t act you’re an accomplice even if you don’t agree
This is obviously one of those quests that don’t have a fair solution, so you’ll have to decide for yourself.
Regardless of what you choose the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Puppeteer World Event ends once you get the key and free Skami outside, who by the way is also an accomplice.