In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, the Withering is a disease that spread into a small village and killed every single villager, except for a woman you’ll have to find.
Finding the scared woman triggers The Village: Jurthgard World Event.
Your objective is one of the easiest in the game. Catch the woman and talk to her; however, you can do more than that.
Where To Find The Scared Woman In AC Valhalla
Look for the world event east of Jorvik and west of Threaded Pas.
Here you’ll find an empty village which was hit by a plague.
How To Help The Woman In The Plagued Village
In order to complete the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Village: Jurthgard World Event, your objective is to catch the scared woman and talk to her.
- When you arrive at the location on my map above, the woman will start running
- Even if you don’t catch her, she’ll stop inside a house (pictured below) which locked initially
- The woman will open the door for you and once you talk to her she’ll tell you about the plague and her family
- The moment she tells you about her family you have two choices
- Telling her to stay in the village will lead to the woman’s death later in the game
- As such encourage her to leave by telling her that she may die if she remains with her dying family
- Both dialogue choices will end the event
- Now get the Abandoned Village Door Key from the table behind the woman
- Next, go outside, and open the door of the house on the right side
- Inside the locked house, you’ll see the woman’s family on the ground. Some of them are dead, some are alive. But all of them are sick
- Pull out your torch and set them on fire to stop the Withering from spreading
- If you do that, later in the game you may return here to see what happens