Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Viking Brawl activity is back for the Ostara Festival, but with some tweaks, hidden opponents, and obviously some game crashes (as in Error CE-34878-0) that Ubisoft is trying to address as soon as possible.
Before they do that; however, it’s worth learning one or two things about this infamous error as well as how to win all rounds and how to unlock 3 hidden fighters.
The AC Valhalla Viking Brawl, if you don’t remember from the last festival; is a fighting tournament with some really interesting mechanics and a lot of prizes to win.
As such, the Ostara Festival Viking Brawl is a good source for Festival Tokens you can spend and Norvid’s Shop, but before doing this there are several tricks you should know in order to make the most out of this competition.
And I’ll try to cover all of them below.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Viking Brawl Hidden Opponents
The first thing you should know is that the AC Valhalla Ostara Brawl includes three hidden fighters you can unlock.
Obviously, you can win the competition without unlocking them, and there are no penalties for doing this; but it’s more interesting to fight some cool quest-givers.
Because of this, before attempting the tournament you want to complete several small tasks:
- Win Thyra’s Twirling Targets Archery Challenge by scoring over 1200 points and you’ll get the chance to fight Thyra the Sharp Shooter during the fourth round
- Complete the Egg Hunt quest and find all Ostara Baskets of Eggs to unlock Alwin the Egg Collector. If you do this he will replace the random fighter during the seventh round
- Finally, finish the AC Valhalla Easter Brawl competition at least once, and defeat the Goliath during the 10th round to unlock The Sparring Siblings. They will replace the random fighter during the fifth round
Keep in mind that these changes will be permanent meaning that these unlockable brawlers will be your opponents the moment you unlock them.
AC Valhalla Ostara Brawl Rewards
Good so now that you know how to unlock the secret brawlers, let’s see how the AC Valhalla Ostara Brawl Rewards work.
The brawling competition is based on rounds, and after each round; you’ll have to bet your previous earning.
As an example, if you win the first round you’ll get 10 Festival Tokens; then you will be asked if you want to bet those Tokens.
If you agree, you’ll enter the second round, and you have the chance to get an additional 10 Tokens by defeating the next opponent. If you lose, well, you can say goodbye to those 10 Tokens.
However, you also have to chance to step away after the first round, and in this case, you’ll get to keep your 10 Tokens.
One thing worth knowing is that there is a total of 10 rounds in the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ostara Brawl and the maximum amount of Tokens you can win is 140.
Additionally, since the brawlers grow in difficulty; the number of Tokens you receive also increases as you can see below:
- Rounds 1 & 7 – 10 Festival Tokens
- Rounds 8 & 9 – 20 Festival Tokens
- Final Round (10) – 30 Festival Tokens
Now, if we do some math we can see that the total amount is 140 shiny tokens to be won in this tournament; obviously by becoming the champion.
How To Win All AC Valhalla Ostara Viking Brawl Rounds
Brawling in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is not something new, and if you already completed the game, then you most likely know how it works.
Except that for the Ostara Brawl several tweaks have been made. Because of this here are some tips and trick you should know:
- There are 10 rounds to be won and the final opponent is Goliath. He is the most difficult one
- Since the first few opponents are easy to defeat; save your rations
- Always stock up on rations and don’t enter the tournament without them
- You can’t use weapons but your skills matter; meaning that the higher is your level the better are your chances to win the competition
- Perfect dodging an unblockable attack is key because it slows down your opponent; allowing you to counterattack
- After each round, Eivor is healed; so don’t waster rations if your opponent is almost defeated
- Starting the sixth round you won’t be able to use focus anymore; which means that you can’t target your opponent. Always keep your eyes on him by moving the camera accordingly
- Stamina is extremely important, so don’t waste it unless you are sure you land a hit
- To recover stamina, move around the arena but don’t run
- Finally, most opponents hit hard but they are slow, and this gives you a lot of time to move behind them and land additional punches
Keep these in mind and you’ll become the brawl champion, assuming the game doesn’t crash. This brings us to the next topic.
AC Valhalla Game Crashes & Error CE-34878-0
Ostara Viking Brawl quest caused a lot of problems for players who reported game crashes. This specific Assassin’s Creed Valhalla error is known as CE-34878-0, and it seems that it occurs quite frequently on PlayStation 4, especially between the Viking Brawl rounds.
If this happens to you, then you should know that Ubisoft devs are aware of it and a hotfix was already deployed on Ubisoft’s servers.
The AC Valhalla crash error CE-34878-0 fix; however, disabled the Ravensthorpe decorations for the Let’s Get Festive quest.
This means, that you won’t be able to complete the said quest until later this week; but the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Error CE-34878-0 should occur less frequently.
Assuming you still get this error, the best thing you can do is to avoid the Viking Brawl competition and wait for the update Ubisoft promised:
“We’re aware of increased instances of crashes in and around Ravensthorpe since the release of Title Update 1.2.0. We’re deploying a server-side hotfix to address a rise in crashing near Ravensthorpe. Settlement decorations will be temporarily removed and Ostara Festival quests involving decorations will not be completable. Thanks for your patience as our team releases a permanent fix soon!”