The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Saxon Bard is an NPC who invites Eivor to a small party he’s hosting in front of his house.
He is located in Hamtunscire, just south of Readingum Abbey.
When you find him, if you accept his cordial invitation you’ll trigger The Devil Has All The Best Tunes World Event.
Your objective in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla The Devil Has All The Best Tunes quest is simple.
Get drunk, to discover the secret behind the Saxon Bard.
Where To Find The Saxon Bard In AC Valhalla
Look for the strange bard south of Readingum Abbey and northeast of Wincestre.
On my map below you can see his location, and when you get close you’ll see a bunch of Vikings drinking mead while the bard is singing for them.
How To Solve The Saxon Bard Mystery
In order to complete the AC Valhalla Devil Has All The Best Tunes World Event, first, you’ll have to talk to the bard.
- Start by talking to him and you’ll find that his wife (Cearo) died, which is definitely not a reason to party
- If you need more info on this bard, head inside the house and read the Letter From Alehouse Keeper Note
- From it, you can understand that the bard paid the Alehouse Keeper to leave his house
- This means that the bard is not the owner of the house
- Now, let’s deal with him
- Head outside and speak to the hooded Norse Warrior pictured below
- This will trigger a drinking contest; however, you don’t have to win it
- Accept the challenge and once completed you will see all Danes around you dead
- The Saxon Bard will now reveal his secret: the mead he is serving for free is poisoned
- The Bard poisoned the mead to avenge the death of Cearo by killing all Danes
- Since the mead did not kill Eivor, he’ll try a more direct approach
Kill the Saxon Bard who is actually named Beoswith (according to the Letter from Beoswith The Bard) and the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Devil Has All The Best Tunes World Event, ends.